Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biohazard contaminants such as sewer back ups, death and trauma scenes, flood water and illegal drugs are some of the more common biohazard scenarios that unfortunately affect homes and businesses. At SERVPRO of North Kanawha and Teays Valley, we have everything needed to help bring your property to preloss conditions including advanced cleaning technology, specialized training in things like Trauma and Death Scene Cleanup and protective gear.
The best thing that you can do if you are faced with a biohazard situation is to call professionals like SERVPRO of North Kanawha and Teays Valley to come assess the situation. Biohazard contaminants should be considered very dangerous as they pose a serious health risk.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (304) 343-6170
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of North Kanawha and Teays Valley has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Cross Lanes